Monday, December 1, 2008

Go North, Young Man!


Leaving St. Louis was easy enough. I headed west to Kansas City, then north along the border of MO, KS, and NE. I started to get a little discouraged, because the land started flattening out... Then I started to see mysterious hills looming on the horizon. Iowa's loess hills are a very unique geological feature, and are aparently only found in two places on Earth! The other place is China! Iowa has an interesting state motto: Iowa... "The Good Life." Another suggestion might be "Iowa... It's NOT Flat!" Seriously, everyone back in Texas tried to tell me it was flat and full of nothing but beef and corn fields. Yeah, I've seen a few corn fields, but the majority of them are terraced up the hills. So far Iowa has been home to the friendliest people I have ever met! Now if I can just find a decent job, I might stay a while...

More to come- updates and photos!

No comments: